Friday, April 11, 2014

Retro

This weekend I get to fill in for Scott Jackson on the Retro Show.  It's hard to believe that songs I grew up with are now considered Retro.  I remember seeing Whiteheart on The Freedom Tour, Geoff Moore & The Distance On The Home Run Tour (Big Tent Revival was just starting out and opened on that show), and Allies seem to make an annual trip to Saskatoon (where I lived) to put on a show.

I can still remember Rick Florian of Whiteheart wearing his ripped jeans, cowboy boots, and purple silk shirt up on stage.  But I also remember that each of the bands took time to share a message, almost a sermon for part of the show.  Life has a band was more than touring and a wardrobe, it was a calling.

I have a four month old and a three year old.  It will be fun to hear what bands they'll be listening to in a few years.  In the meantime, they are stuck listening to MY favourite "retro" tunes...ha ha!  Do you remember these?

Whiteheart - Sing Your Freedom


Geoff Moore & The Distance - The Vow


Big Tent Revival - What Would Jesus Do?



No comments:

Post a Comment