Friday, April 25, 2014

Sickness

Sickness is such a difficult thing to understand.  It amazes me how you can be healthy for so many years and then be hit with an illness so fast.  A few years ago I was diagnosed with a hernia.  It was very painful, required surgery, and I was able to make a full recovery.

Last summer I was was diagnosed with a kidney stone.  In case you're wondering, the pain is as bad as everyone says it is.  I never once thought I'd be lying on the floor groaning in pain.  But, once again, the kidney stone passed (enough said), and my life has been normal ever since.

While both situations caused extreme discomfort, they were treatable.  The sicknesses that are much more difficult must be the diseases with no cure.  I had a friend who watched his grandfather's mental state completely deteriorate because of Alzheimer's disease.

While the bible never promises us a healthy life, it does say that He, "works for our good... (Romans 8:28).  I know, not an easy verse to hold onto when you are in severe pain or even watching a loved one in pain.

It is interesting to see how God works though.  Laura Story certainly tried to help us understand through her song Blessings


Sure, God can use a song.  He can use people and I think he can use other means too to encourage.  After all, He is God. Keep a Kleenex nearby if you watch this next video.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment