Thursday, April 2, 2015

Foundation

I don't know much about construction and architecture.  Everything I know I learned from Psalty The Song Book...


The song says, "Don't build your house on the sandy land.  Don't build it too near the shore.  It might be kind of nice but you'll have to build it twice.  You'll have to build your house once more."

Bottom line, you need a strong foundation.

Have you ever thought about your own foundation?  I think we spend lots of time asking God for the big stuff (solid family with well rounded kids, good health, good paying job, big house, nice car, etc).  But I'm not sure any of those requests will work out if we don't have a firm foundation.  In the Bible, God makes our plan for life pretty clear.  Seek him first, trust beyond our own understanding, persevere through trials, etc.

I think, if we don't have that firm foundation in Him, he can't add anything because He knows the extras will just get washed away.  Once we build a firm foundation in Him, our perspective on the things we think we want might change.

How is your foundation?

No comments:

Post a Comment