Friday, September 12, 2014

Whoah....Francesca

I remember listening to Katy Perry before she was Katy Perry.  I remember when she was played on Christian radio as Katy Hudson.  Later on in life she changed her music is is now one of the biggest pop stars in the world.  I honestly don't pay attention to her career that much but because she is such a big deal I often hear/see her songs on tv, videos, and in stores.

One Katy Perry song in particular caught my attention the other day, Roar.  Not because of anything she did,but because of a line in a Francesca Battistelli song, He Knows My Name.  

I'll roar beyond a song
With every moment that I've got
True to who You are
You saw my heart
and made
Something out of nothing

Wait a second...did Francesca just call out Katy Perry (I'll roar beyond a song)?  One day I would like to ask Francesca about the line...and maybe Katy too.  Roar, by Katy has a great message.  But it is like Francesca, as a Christian, is challenging her to do more than just sing a motivational song.  Maybe she is challenging her to take it a little bit deeper.


No comments:

Post a Comment