Saturday, November 24, 2012

On Thursday we held our 12 Hour Teen Challenge Transformation.  We asked National Director George Glover to join us and he brought along some of the students in the program.  You were able to hear George give the vision behind the ministry, and the students were able to share their stories of transformation.  However, something you were not able to see or hear was how the students acted when they were not on the air.  On several occasions, I walked by and they were reading scripture and praying together.  I guess that's normal for those of us who consider ourselves Christians, but after speaking with a couple of them, I knew what set them apart from me and I was immediately humbled.  Their commitment to prayer and scripture reading was so passionate because they are at a stage in their life when they need God.  Drugs and/or alcohol controlled them for years, and only the power of God was able to help them break the addiction, and they know it and refuse to take their transformation for granted. 

Do I need God?  Do I act like I need God?  Do I pray and read my Bible like I need God?  In a crisis, maybe I do, but at other times, I think I try to do a lot on my own.  Isaiah 26:4 says, "Trust in the LORD always, for the LORD God is the eternal Rock."  It says, "always," not just when I think I need Him. 

I would like to thank George Glover, the staff, and the students of Teen Challenge for their passion, encouragement, and ministry.  Who knew the 12 Hour Transformation would have been such an important day in my life.

www.teenchallenge.ca

1 comment:

  1. I agree. This visit by Teen Challenge was very powerful. The guys and girls have amazing stories that are hard for me to relate to, but moving none the less.

    ReplyDelete